- WLW utilizes a French Hanger for suspending its mantels and shelves.
- The French Hanger system is two pieces of wood with a 45 degree angle cut on both pieces.
- One of the 45 hanger is attached to the shelf at the factory.
- The second 45 hanger is attached to the wall where the shelf is to hang.
- Wall stud attachment—the wall 45 hanger is factory bored for two 16” on center stud mounting with screws included.
- Toggle bolt attachment—the wall 45 hanger is also factory bored for wall board mounting, 2 toggle bolts included.
- For concrete, brick or mortar mounting, contact a handy man or building supply center for advice.
Directions for mounting the wall 45 degree hanger
- Locate wall studs or wall board area for your shelf.
- Decide the height of the shelf and lightly mark that point on the wall.
- From that mark, measure down 3” and mark that spot. This mark is the bottom of the wall 45 degree hanger.
- With a level on the lower mark, draw a line the length of the 45 hanger. This level line is where the 45 degree hanger will rest after the screws are mounted into the wall.
- Install the screws or toggle bolts through the 45 hanger into the wall.
- Finally, install the shelf by sliding it onto the wall 45 hanger.